Need to set up a virtual hangout for your friends, family or clients?
Here’s how to do it on Zoom:
Though we may be in enforced isolation right now, that doesn’t mean you have to forsake getting together with people for a catch up, meeting, drinks or dinner! You just have to get a little creative with how you do it. Here’s how to set up a virtual hangout on Zoom, which is just about the best virtual conferencing tool there is right now.
A virtual hangout allows everyone to dial into a meeting with video and audio, providing the next best thing to meeting up in person and allowing you all to converse in real time. If hosting a Zoom party, you could consider sending digital invitations to liven up the proceedings or keep it simple with text messages.
At my recent Zoom party our family just chatted to our family friends who live interstate - lounge room to lounge room. We were able to set Zoom up on our TV screens. We organised our own platters & drinks & it felt like they were in the same room with us. I’ve even heard about people throwing Zoom murder mystery parties.
- Dress for the occasion work meeting - jacket & pants, drinks with friends - top & jeans or chatting with family - leisurewear
- Looking for that special something to wear - Shop 6 Ways at Sydney Street
- Sign up to Zoom account - it's easy! https://zoom.us/
- Choose your plan (from basic foc upwards)
- Set up your first meeting
- Test speaker and microphone
- Invite participants
- Manage the meeting
- Schedule future meetings
- Use the mobile app
TOP TIP: Be sure to have the most stable WiFi possible, especially as the host.
Experiment & enjoy!